Operations and Event Management Intern
Who We Are
bi’bak is a non-profit association for contemporary art and community-based projects that runs an independent project space in Berlin-Wedding. Our program intersects the diverse disciplines of art, science and community development including film screenings, exhibitions, workshops as well as music events and culinary excursions.
bi’bak puts a focus on issues such as migration and mobilities, and highlights their aesthetic dimensions. We engage with a variety of sociopolitical issues such as migration, discourses on mobility, the construction of identities, labor questions, and cultural memory. Interdisciplinary projects offer alternative perspectives and initiate new discourses on pressing debates that all too often seem unsolvable and intransigent.
About the Position
We are looking for an operations and event management intern to assist with scheduling, logistics and coordination of events for at least 3 months at our space in Berlin-Wedding. This is a part-time position that requires the intern to be present before and after all of the events that takes place at bi’bak.
- Assisting with coordinating all of our events that take place at bi’bak.
- Set-up the space to prepare for the event and welcome speakers.
- Be present during the events to make sure everything goes as planned.
- Supporting the bar during the events
- Coordinate with the rest of the team to support content creation for communication channels.
- Determine and prepare what is needed for upcoming/future events.
- Engage with visitors to assess their feedback and gather insight.
- Social and engaging personality
- Good command of English, command of German is desired
- Technical skills in use of audio/video equipment
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Quick to find solutions to challenges that may come up during the events
- Flexible schedule that allows to be present at bi’bak events
- Personal interest in issues bi’bak focuses
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 23.12.2017.
We are looking for a student who has interest in issues such as migration and mobilities. This is an unpaid position that will take place at our cosy project space at Prinzenallee. There is a possibility of further collaboration after successful completion of internship.