Project Intern (Berlin & Istanbul)
Who We Are
bi’bak is a non-profit association for contemporary art and community-based projects that runs an independent project space in Berlin-Wedding. Our program intersects the diverse disciplines of art, science and community development including film screenings, exhibitions, workshops as well as music events and culinary excursions.
bi’bak puts a focus on issues such as migration and mobilities, and highlights their aesthetic dimensions. We engage with a variety of sociopolitical issues such as migration, discourses on mobility, the construction of identities, labor questions, and cultural memory. Interdisciplinary projects offer alternative perspectives and initiate new discourses on pressing debates that all too often seem unsolvable and intransigent.
About the Position
We are looking for an intern to assist us with one of our exhibition projects that will take place in Berlin and Istanbul. The focus of the project is families in the context of working migration. Ideal candidate would start working with us immediately on a part-time basis in Berlin and assist the exhibition team in Istanbul in May 2018.
- Planning the preparations for the exhibitions in Istanbul and Berlin.
- Help prepare and order materials needed for the exhibition.
- Transcription and analysis of audio materials / interviews.
- Work closely with the responsible team to assist them with all issues regarding the exhibitions.
- Practical support to the exhibition team during the installations.
- Support with administrative work when necessary.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Good command of English and German is required.
- Command of Turkish, Romanian or Ukrainian is a plus.
- Available to travel to Istanbul in May 2018.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility.
- Personal interest in the work of bi’bak.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com latest by 23.12.2017.
We are looking for a student who has interest in issues such as migration and mobilities. This is an unpaid position that will take place in Berlin and Istanbul. Travel costs between Berlin and Istanbul will be covered by bi’bak. There is a possibility of further collaboration after successful completion of internship.